Friday, August 5, 2011

Seven Keys to High-Energy Living!

I was having a meeting yesterday with one of the newer representatives we have in the office and she caught me off guard with kind of a random question. She asked me "how are you able to stay so positive and have so much energy all day and everyday?"

I wasn't really prepared or sure how to answer that other than I've always kind of bounced off the walls since I was a kid. Part of it is definitely just my genetics, I am an energetic person by nature but I wasn't always super positive and I didn't have bursts of energy all day. It would usually depend on my mood.

This got me thinking, what had changed? What did I do to maintain this energy level all day?
Did it magically happen? Is it in my nature? Maybe I'm just one of those lucky people?

After contemplating this randomly throughout the day I realized that I had actually developed the HABIT of living a High-Energy life. I didn't have some magical pill that made me want to get up in the morning happy, it certainly wasn't always in my nature I can tell you that. I hated mornings as a kid. I would dread waking up.

So how did I do it?
It wasn't easy that's for sure, but I feel I had a few key steps put in place that really enabled me to develop a long term lifestyle of being happy and having energy.
Along with these steps I have incorporated a few things I got from Brian Tracy in one of his articles.

The first step is "Develop a Positive Mental Attitude". Eliminate negative emotions, focus on what you have and what you want, not what you don't have and can't get. Your mind is like a slide show it can only give you one image at a time, so if a negative thought or image pops into your mind, quickly change your slide (thought) to a more positive one. You cannot think about two things at once (If you don't believe me, try it right now) so if all  you think about is positive things. All you can get in your life is positives.

The second step is "Eat the Right Foods". "To perform at your best you must eat the right foods, in the right balance, and in the right combination". Eating a Cheeseburger at 11pm is never going to give you energy the next day. So watch what you eat.

The third step is "Watch your Weight". This one I feel is pretty self explanatory but not always followed. Take care of your weight if you want to have energy, it is very difficult to have an energetic, active lifestyle when your overweight.

The fourth step is "Exercise is essential". Your probably seeing a trend arise and that is because it is so crucial to take care of your self and your health. If you want to be energetic all day you need to develop to discipline and stamina to do so and that can come from exorcising regularly. Plus your body naturally emits positive endorphins when you exercise which naturally make you more happy.

The fifth step is to "Get lots of Rest and Relaxation". This one if my favorite, take time to enjoy the little things. Don't overwork yourself, create a balance in your life so that you can become genuinely relaxed and stress free. It's never a bad thing to take 20 minutes to rest. It's only a bad thing if that's the only thing you do.

The sixth step is "Start a personal Mental Fitness Program". "Go on a 21 day positive mental attitude diet, one day at a time. Resolve that for the next 21 days, you are going to keep your mind on what you want and keep it off the things you don't want. You are going to think and talk positively and optimistically about your goals, other people, and everything that is going on in your life."

The seventh tip is "Become a Personal Powerhouse". "The more you practice the health habits, the more energy and vitality you will have. The more you keep your conversation focused on your goals and on the things you want, the greater amount of strength and power you will feel. You will be more alert and aware. You will feel more positive and action oriented in every situation."

And finally the eighth tip is "Surround yourself with other Positive, Energetic People". Who you surround yourself with is so important. They say that you will always make withing 20% of the income of your closest group of friends. The same goes for your positivity and energy. If you want to have a High-Energy life full of positives you have to surround yourself with other similar people.

So that's what Brian Tracy has to say along with a few points of my own. Being positive and having a lot of energy is not product of circumstances. It is a choice and a lifestyle that must be chosen and committed to.
But I can personally say that I love life way more when I'm happy than when I'm mad or sad so I simply choose to be happy more of the time than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment