Monday, October 24, 2011

I Love Monday's!!!

Maybe I'm weird, but I never understood why everyone hates Monday's so bad.
I get that your weekend is over and so you wont be able to just chill and relax. I also know you'll most likely need to get up earlier and that when you get into work your going to have a full load of work for the day.
But for me I love that part.
Monday is the best day to plan out your week, get everything organized and get a strong start towards your goals.
I personally find Monday's to fly by the quickest as I typically am busier and it helps let me know where we stand for the rest of the week. It's also a great opportunity to get a jump start on your competition. While they have the mentality of poor me it's Monday, you can use this day to standout as a company that is ready whenever to take on a new challenge.

So with all that being said I came up with a few points that I use to ensure that I start my week strong and get excited for Monday's.

1) Get your chores done early - My mentor and coach Luc Hebert told me once that" If you don't have what you need to get done on Sunday done by 1pm don't bother trying to do it."
So true... Most people want to relax and enjoy their Sunday's before going back to work, but when you stop and think about it, how relaxed are you when you have a million things on your mind that you still need to do? If your anything like me the answer will be not very. So then don't wait until the end of they day. Get up early and start your day. Get the laundry done, take out the dog, run your errands and have it all done by 1pm so that you can genuinely enjoy your evening and relax your mind as much as you do your body.

2) Plan out your weeks and days - I don't care how you do it or when you do it, just make sure you do it.
I have found that when it comes to planning and preparing your week or day that you need to find a system that works for you. For some this could be using their phone, or computer. for others it using a notebook or daily planner. Some people plan at night, some plan in the morning. Some people plan their weeks on Thursday's while others do it on Sundays. My point being that it doesn't matter how or when you plan but it does latter that you do plan.
For myself I like to plan out my week on Sunday afternoons. I have no distractions or commitments usually and it allows me the time and energy to really plan out a strong week, each and every week. When it comes to planning out my days I do this every morning. Personally at night my brain is tired and needs to recharge so I'm not as effective. I know for other's it can be hard to get up that extra ten minutes early so maybe doing it at night is best.
regardless of how you plan your Monday will be much easier to get through if you have a clearly laid out step by step plan on how to go about your day. That way for those that like to just pass the time and sleep through work, you can still do it while maintaining productivity.

3) Get a good night sleep - One of the biggest reasons I like Mondays so much is I typically have more energy than any other day. Because I had all of my chores and week planned out by 1 I am able to relax and enjoy my evenings. Thus I don't feel the need to stay up late just to get in that bit of extra me time. I already have it so I get to bed extra early and this am refreshed and recharged for Monday.

4) Enjoy what you do - Everything I listed above is easy to do but not if you don't genuinely enjoy what you do. This doesn't mean that every second of every day you need to be amazed by how much you love your work but you do need to know that there is a purpose behind what you are doing and that you need to care about that purpose.

It's up to you how you start your week and it's up to you if you want to enjoy it, but if your finding that Monday's are more difficult then you would like then maybe, just maybe you need to change your habits before anything can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment